The number one thing that causes the most stress when preparing for a photo session is choosing outfits. I personally know how difficult this is, since I've made a point to get photos taken of me more often over the last couple of years. Let's just start right from the very beginning: shopping! Here's a list of my favorite stores that I love to shop at for myself and for others who need help deciding what to wear for their session.
1. Lulus. I love their dresses. They have the nicest quality, prettiest, flowy-est (new word alert!) dresses. They also have super cute tops and pants.
2. Selfie Leslie. Again, super cute dresses, rompers, and tops!
3. Rosalind Rose. More dresses. I just love dresses :)
4. Vici Dolls. Again, dresses. But I also love their tops, specifically their body suits.
5. Southern Alternative. They have some super cute skirts and tops. The general store is a bit more trendy and markets towards older teens to young adults, so that's just something to keep in mind when shopping... ask yourself the question: what types of clothes 'fit' me and what styles do I want to go for.
1. Wonderwest. They have, in my opinion from what I've seen, the most tasteful western style clothes on the market. Really, everything they have from dresses, skirts, tops, pants, jackets, hats, boots... I love it all.
2. Southern Fried Chics. All around super cute clothes, boots, and accessories!
3. Rural Haze. They have the cutest boots!
4. Idyllwind. They have the coolest fringe jackets, and I love their boots too.
5. Lane Boots. Self explanatory :)
And a bonus place to shop: Poshmark! I actually love finding lightly used clothes from there... and a little tip for after your session if you think: 'Well, I might not ever wear this shirt again' - sell it on Poshmark!
Want to get even more of a head start on preparing for your session?? Download my free Ultimate Shopping Guide for Your Equestrian Session!